Special Notes for the users in the EEA（European Economic Area） member countries
"The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Urawa" (hereinafter referred to as "the Institute") operating the website of "Marugoto" (hereinafter referred to as "This Site"), respects the privacy of users of all contents and services in This Site (hereinafter referred to as "Users") and exerts extreme caution in the managing of Users’personal information.
(The purpose of Use of Personal Information)
The Institute uses Personal Information collected from Users for the purpose of operation of This Site and other sites that the Institute operates. The main purposes of use are as follows.
- To respond to inquiries from Users;
- To make or to analyze statistical data, and to make or to carry out a questionnaire related to This Site;
- For the drawing of lots and delivery of prizes;
- To confirm the identity of Users when the Institute receives requests for disclosure, alternation, addition, or deletion registration information.
(Provision of Personal Information to Third Party)
The Institute does not provide or disclose Personal Information to any third party without the Users’approval or permission; however, this shall not apply to the following cases:
- When Users have agreed to disclosure;
- When the information is disclosed or offered as masked data;
- When the disclosing or offering is permitted by the laws and/or regulations of Japan;
- When the Institute relegates some or all of This Site to any third party.
(Modification of Purpose of Use, etc.)
Modification of This Policy by the Institute: such as a change of purpose of use, change of method of management, etc. should become effective immediately when the Institute uploads the updated This Policy on This Site.
(Exclusion of Liability)
- The Institute does not accept any liability for the protection of privacy from website linked to This Site. Users shall access or visit external linked website at their own risk.
- The Institute exercises reasonable efforts to prevent all collected information from being disclosed to any third party accidentally; however, despite the security system of the Institute, should any information be accidentally leaked, the Institute assumes no liability and responsibility for any divulging of personally identifiable information.
Special Notes for the EEA（European Economic Area） member countries
1. Processing Personal data, etc.
"Personal data" means any data relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, including, without limitation, names, addresses, dates of birth, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, and any other information collected in connection with providing the Services. "Processing" means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data, etc. or on sets of personal data, etc., whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
(2) Purpose of use of personal data, etc.
(3) Retention Period
The JF will retain the Users’ personal data as long as the JF requires such data for achieving the purpose of use specified above.
(a) In the case that the country in which the third party is located is outside the EEA, such country does not have the same data protection laws as EEA member countries, i.e., many of the rights provided to data subjects in the EEA may not be given;
(b) The Users’ personal data will be provided and processed for the purpose specified above; and
(c) The Users’ personal data will be provided to third parties located outside the EEA.
In addition to the above, in the case that the JF provides the Users’ personal data to a third party located in a country outside the EEA, the JF will ensure that adequate measures such as standard contract clauses based on the GDPR are taken concerning the protection of the Users’ personal data.
(5) Rights of Users
The Users may request from the JF access to, rectification or erasure of, and restriction of processing of their personal data, may object to the processing of the Users’ personal data, and may request data portability. The JF accepts such Users’ requests at the contact point set forth in "3. Contact" below. The JF may refuse the Users’ requests if the JF deems that there is no basis for such Users’ requests or if they are deemed excessive. The Users may raise objections with the data protection authorities having jurisdiction over the location of the Users’ domicile with regard to the processing of their personal data.
2. Safety Management Measures
In order to protect from unauthorized access to personal data, loss, etc. of personal data, taking into account the type of personal data, the degree of sensitivity and the degree of economic influence and mental harm caused to Users in the case of a personal data breach, the JF comprehensively evaluates and judges the risks of personal data breaches, implements appropriate personal, organizational and technical safety management measures based on the risk of a personal data breach, if necessary, checks such safety management measures, sets up a process for correction, and constantly strives to improve security. The JF shall strive to appropriately manage personal data by restricting the entry of outsiders into the offices which are processing personal data, conducting educational awareness activities for all officers and employees involved in the protection of personal data, and placing a manager in charge for each division processing personal data.
The Japan Foundation
Japanese-Language Institute, Urawa
5-6-36 Kita-urawa, Urawa-ku, Saitama-shi, Saitama, 330-0074, Japan
Tel: 048-834-1183 Fax:048-831-7846